Fast, easy and free

Create your website now

I create my website

All About Health

Health Information About Indoor Air Pollution


 

According to a study that is released by the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), indoor air quality is usually two to five times more polluted than the outdoor environment. As a matter of fact, there are even cases when the indoor air quality is about 100 times more toxic and polluted. This information is nowhere okay for those who are worried about their health. The International Agency for Research on Cancer, as well as, the World Health Organization has concluded that 80% of all cancers that are found in humans are due to continuous exposure to carcinogenic molecules that are found naturally around us. Unfortunately, many of these carcinogens are found in household cleaning products.

 

Sources of Indoor Air Pollution

 

There are numerous reasons why your home and indoor air can slowly turn toxic. Inadequate ventilation is the primary cause of having indoor pollution. This can become extremely toxic during cold or winter months, when most of windows and doors kept close. The high level of humidity and lack of good circulation can also increase the amount of pollutants inside the home. If you want to learn more health information, you can visit http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/High-protein_diet.

 

In addition, there are also other sources of pollution in the home which you may not be aware of. Some of the major contributors include candles, household cleansers, gasses from cooking and heating, pets, dust, mold and mildew, paint, and a host of other toxins found in most building materials.

 

o             Tobacco or Cigarette Smoke - smoke that comes from tobacco products like cigarettes is estimated to contain more than 200 known poisons, as well as, at least 43 toxic compounds that causes cancer especially if exposed for prolong period of time. Research further indicates that second hand smoke is a leading cause of lung cancer.

 

o             Mold and Mildew - are viruses that grow fast in any damp and humid areas including indoor spaces it is most common in basements, bathrooms, and kitchens. Any mold and mildew presence in your home should be treated professionally because it can pose danger to your health and your family.

 

o             Various Cooking and Heating Products - Poorly ventilated homes that uses gas, coal, kerosene, wood, or oil for cooking and heating can give off dangerous carbon monoxide, as well as, a variety of dangerous chemicals.

 

o             Various Household Products - indoor use of cleansers, paints, pesticides, varnishes, and air fresheners including candles can distribute toxins in your home. Experts share that to reduce exposure, you should store this dangerous materials in an outdoor shed, visit website